Volunteering at Classroom Central is a fun way to support students and teachers in our region. We can accommodate small corporate groups and adults of all ages and abilities. We even have opportunities that don’t require you to leave your house or place of business. Because we have such a wide variety of opportunities, we’re certain you will find the perfect one for you!
Safety protocols will be followed to include but not limited to wearing gloves when packing, wearing a mask and social distancing. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are located throughout our facility. (Minimum age: 16)
• Curbside Pick-Up: Volunteers check teachers in, direct traffic and load school supplies into teacher vehicles. Teachers do not leave their vehicles. Additional tasks include packing teachers’ school supply orders and other tasks as needed. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 2-6pm
• Packing / Assorted Tasks: Volunteers pack and prepare school supply orders for teachers and other tasks as needed. Monday-Thursday, 9am-12pm and Mondays, 1-4 pm
• Kits for a Cause (Groups)
Looking for a turnkey team-building project for your office, church or community group? Kits for a Cause is an engaging option that helps students learn effectively.
• Flashcards (Individuals and Groups)
Small & large groups can create and assemble flashcards to assist teachers in their classrooms.
• Supply Drives (Individuals and Groups)
Collect school supplies at your workplace, your neighborhood or worship community.
• Knitting & Crocheting (Individuals and Groups)
Create hats and scarves for students in need
• Create Bookmarks (Individuals and Groups)
Create a set of 10 bookmarks, using one of our examples, or get creative and make your own!
• Write Notes of Encouragement (Individuals and Groups)
Write 10 different notes of encouragement to students or teachers. Once completed, pack the set of notes in a Ziploc bag labeled either “Student” or “Teacher.”